Light

Light
Image credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/508554982893638439

Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Comfort zone

photo by Francesca Woodman

It is like you had been here just a few moments ago. This loss is slowly settling within me. I know you are gone. But, your afterglow still lingers here. I just wish that you would just leave. Goodbyes are always strange. I am numbed, drugged and in a trance. I smile when I think of how my life was dependent on you. Saints say that your happiness is within you, and is independent of anything materialistic. How could that have been possible? All my life revolved around you. My happiness is annulled by your absence. I am stuck in a time and space warp. This is an alien-like experience to me. But, thank you for bringing me out of my comfort zone. There should be a first time for everything.

Written for Magpie Tales: mag 303

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Interesting words - happiness annulled in particular intrigued me.

=)

Sunshine-struck said...

@Susan Anderson. Thank you!