Light

Light
Image credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/508554982893638439

Pages

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Fortitude

photo by Caroline Knopf

As I cross the fierce ocean and stand here, I am absolved. I swam past all the tides and their uproar. I floundered through the dingy waters and struggled in the chilly nights. My search for gratification, deliverance ends here. This was the only thing I wanted to do all my life - to cross the ocean and stand on the other shore and look back. As I look back, I feel absolved. Absolved that I did not let my goals be crushed under someone's tyranny, someone's need to live their projection of life. Thanks to my heart!

Written for Magpie Tales: mag 305

4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Maybe she does look a bit victorious standing there, though I responded somewhat differently to the prompt. Having said that, your take works well.

=)

Sunshine-struck said...

Thank you for stopping by! Surely, I will read your post!

Kutamun said...

Mission accomplished ! Here here

Sunshine-struck said...

@Kutamun. Yes! Eureka!