Light

Light
Image credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/508554982893638439

Pages

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Sing your feeling

Music was an intrinsic talent in an orthodox family and so is mine. My love for music bloomed at home. As a young child, I was not really a fan of classical music forms. I rejoiced filmy beats and melodious voices on Radio and Television. As I grew up, I showed caprice and did appreciate the classical forms of music too.

Among the multitude forms of music, I always prefer a soothing melody, one that is joyful when I am feeling upbeat and the one that is sorrowful when I am sad. Music has been my best buddy especially in times of sorrow and nothingness. And I have shared my happy moments with it too.

Image Credit: fungerms.com

For some reason, I cannot stand songs which have lyrics of no meaning or nonsensical meaning. The recent filmy songs fall into this classification. I do not know to what this kind of trend can be ascribed to.

Some songs like "Sheela Ki Jawani", "Mere photo ko seene se yaar" and some items songs of Kannada too, are importunate in my view and I cannot stand them being played near me. I sometimes feel I would have done justice to the language by writing a decent lyrics for the song myself, if given a chance. I struggle to vanquish this feeling of hatred towards people who do not respect the standards of a language and make any lyrics of song colloquial just to reach out for a mass audience.

Despite this querulous raving about the recent trends in music, myriad styles of classical forms are still emerging to celebrate the greatest gift to mankind - music.

KrisSHNa nee bEgane bAro, ADisidaLu yashoda jagadOddhArana - by Bombay Jayashree are few of my favourites.

Among filmy tunes, "Aaoge jab tum O saajna", "tunturu alli neera haadu" are the ones close to my heart.

Written for Indispire - edition 104 on Indiblogger.in

No comments: